Re: WG Review: Recharter of Internationalized Domain Names in Applications, Revised (idnabis)

2009-08-19 22:15:46
Vint,

we are so close to the finish line that I don't think it is worth the
time and potential controversy to revise the charter beyond giving
flexibility on the mapping matter.

I will certainly defer to the chairs and ADs in this particular
case.

My bigger concern is the meta issue of recharters in general, and how
the current method of just posting the new charter with no context or
explanation seems a poor way of doing things, especially if the goal
is to get meaningful community feedback. I'll followup on that on the
separate thread that has since started.

Thomas