Re: meta-issues on charter discussions

2009-08-21 10:49:20
Re: old charters and such.

While poking around earlier this week, I found:

      http://www.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/history/

(it is hanging of the WG pages, so not that hard to find.)

It appears to be a snapshot of charters whenever they change. But,
they "change" often due to events that are probably not the kind of
changes we are thinking about, and there is no indication about what
has changed, so there are a lot of copies and wading through them to
find stuff appears pretty daunting. And the history only goes back 3
years or so...

But they might be a basis for some tools to extract stuff. But, if
tools are going to do this, it seems like an archival format other
than HTML would be desirable.

Thomas