Re: Non-smoking rooms at the Hiroshima venue?

2009-09-01 13:31:38
Hi Ole -

As of today, I was only able to book a twin room SMOKING at 19,000y at the ANA
- there are no singles at the lower rate.  There are no non-smoking rooms even
at the higher rate.  Given that I believe you're correct that most of the IETF
will be looking for a non-smoking room, I'm not convinced that the hotel will
be able to "air clean" all the necessary rooms in time.  It's possible, but
would seem to be a lot of effort (and cost?) for the hotel that already has a
signed agreement with the IETF - unless that agreement specifically requires
that all non-smoking requests be accommodated? Since you're on the IAOC I
believe, could you comment if that was part of the booking agreement?

Could you also comment on the mix of rooms that the agreement covers?  E.g. how
many singles, doubles, etc?  I find it problematic that less than 18 hours
after registration opens, we're already out of the lower cost rooms and the
non-smoking rooms.

Mike