RE: Hiroshima room rates (was Re: Non-smoking rooms at the Hiroshimavenue?)

2009-09-04 11:06:11
David Morris wrote:
||| I don't understand why the rate during another period is relevant to
||| the rate we might get.  Remember that hotels, like everyone else,
||| charge more when demand is higher.
|| And the cost of meeting space and/or other standard features
|| (i.e., internet service in the room) is built into rate for meeting

As I understand the norm, it is meeting rooms and facilities are charged as
a set fee with attendee room rates normally reduced due to the numbers
involved. Like most things, volume purchases reduce prices and unless the
meeting is held at a peak time for the hotel, good rates should be able to
be negotiated.

Rates may be higher than the norm if the negotiations included extras such
as the provision of morning and afternoon teas etc.  That is to be expected.
I imagine the committee has concluded the best deal possible.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch