Re: Visas and Costs

2009-09-22 05:54:53
Hi,

Okay, so one advantage of having a meeting in the PRC is that the
majority of participants (including US and Canadian ones) who can
normally travel almost anywhere without VISAs will have to experience
some of the pain of getting a VISA.

You may have meant this in a sarcastic way, but it very literally *is*
an advantage: it may cure some of the U.S. IETF participants who usually
hand-wave away the visa issue of non-U.S. participants in a U.S. venue
as "can't be that bad, stop whining". It is always good to see "the
other side". Makes for a better discussion ground.
(Disclaimer: I was not one of the people needing a visa. But I can have
empathy for other beings.)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter