Re: China venue survey

2009-09-22 18:55:07
At 05:44 PM 9/22/2009, Dave Cridland wrote:
On the other hand, I can accept as valid the suggestion that some
people have made that the particular restrictions of speech that the
PRC impose may restrict the scope of discussion that the IETF
typically engages in. I suspect that it may not be so, and would hope
that this can be determined, clearly, and in advance of any decision.

Dave -- I'll note that most of this thread started over confusion about the provision within the agreement, and folks asking "what's that mean"? If more of us knew what the provision meant, we'd be more informed to make a more knowledgeable choice in the matter. Lacking that additional meaning leaves many of us flopping in the wind...

However, I would note that I'm still concerned about the possible
effects by and on remote participation. But you'll all have read my
other comments, right?

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net