Re: [IAB] Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-23 10:26:39
Adam Roach allegedly wrote on 09/23/2009 9:28 AM:
In my recollection, there is a semi-regular IETF participant who travels
with a MacBook that has a Tibetan flag sticker prominently visible on
the lid.

Assuming you are correct, that is an individual statement.  It will not
be part of presentations, distributed materials, or even discussion
sponsored by the meeting.

On the other hand, someone with the value system to make that kind of
statement may welcome such an incident. The clause under discussion runs
headlong into this kind of problem and amplifies it by potentially
shutting down the entire event.

Based on the little I've seen of PRC government responses to impromptu
protests (I've never been in one but I have firsthand reports), they
haven't blamed the organization those people were part of (just the
individuals) unless it was significant, pre-planned, and the
organization expected something of that kind to occur.