Re: One level up on the IAOC decision in re: China.

2009-09-24 14:02:42

Ted Hardie wrote:
My personal take on the resolution of this is that the Chinese
government has provided a long-recognized way of routing around the
problem.  The "One Country/Two Systems" formulation created by Deng
Xiaoping sets aside special administrative regions that clearly are
part of China and yet do not share the characteristics which have been
of concern in this community consultation.  If we can make
participation easier for our Chinese colleagues by meeting in Hong
Kong or Macau, I think we should do so, and I think so even if that
means the meeting must be unsponsored.

+1

d/
--