Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meetingof the IETF

2009-09-25 05:56:48

SM,

Thank you.

I'll respond to only one point this time, since it's Friday and since
I did break the 10% barrier this week, sorry:

"If it is all about connecting people, we can live without the "MUST"
 in there for five days. After all, the experiment must reflect
 operational practice for us to understand how the Internet works in
 different countries."

To which I can say: Experiencing how the net works in any country can
usually be accomplished by wandering down the street to the nearest
Cyber Cafe or <American Brand Name #1 for coffee> or <American Brand
Name #2 for so-called fast food> both of which exist in great
abundance in most parts of the developed world, and OK, I will add
"sadly".

What service we should expect at the venue itself is a different
matter. We have, as you point out, a requirements document, which the
host is expected to follow. One might even call it the Host
Requirements Document, but then only the Grey Beard people on this
list would get the pun.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj