Re: Legality of IETF meetings in PRC. Was: Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-10-12 11:13:48
On 10/11/09 8:32 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
I'm far more concerned that this thread has confused IETF goals and requirements for discussing meeting venues and that many of the postings are moving towards a precedent that the IETF really does not want to set.

I strongly agree. I think mixing up what people think is right and what people think is practicable from a logistics perspective confuses two very separate issues that could lead to two separate outcomes, based on the criteria the IAOC uses. I wish people would stick to the logistics argument.

Eliot