Re: request for feedback: change to the ID boilerplate

2009-10-27 08:34:33
The idea is generally acceptable to me but:

  Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
  Task Force (IETF).  Note that other groups may also distribute
  working documents as Internet-Drafts.

While we're at it, these two sentences are contradictory.
"Internet-Drafts are a specific thing" but "some Internet-Drafts may be
something else".  Since you have (reasonably) eliminated reference to
areas and working groups, how about modifying this to say

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) distributes its working
documents as Internet-Drafts.  Note that other groups may also
distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts.

?

  The list of current
  Internet-Drafts is at http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/.

As Scott Lawrence points out this isn't completely true.  How about:

Current Internet-Drafts are available at
http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/.

?

swb