Re: request for feedback: change to the ID boilerplate

2009-10-27 16:13:05
At 11:28 AM +0200 10/27/09, Lars Eggert wrote:
 Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
 Task Force (IETF).  Note that other groups may also distribute
 working documents as Internet-Drafts.  The list of current
 Internet-Drafts is at http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/.

I think we are (correctly) getting tripped up on "distribute". Other groups
don't distribute Internet Drafts: they write them and let the IETF distribute
them. Also, we don't know if "most" will be true forever, regardless of what we
hope.

Proposed change:

  Many Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
  Task Force (IETF); other groups and individuals create Internet-Drafts
  that are included in the repository that is maintained by the IETF.
  That repository is available at <some URL>.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium