Re: request for feedback: change to the ID boilerplate

2009-10-28 12:32:10
Hi Lars,
At 03:29 28-10-2009, Lars Eggert wrote:
There is no "best" thing to point at, really. I believe that pointing
at the datatracker is reasonable, and at least better than some
(many?) other options.

Yes, it is reasonable.

Suggest one?

I don't think I have a good answer to that as I do not know much about the www.ietf.org requirements. I would have to look at what information is published and also consider the constraints.

Why wouldn't the datatracker URL be considered stable?

It can be considered stable. I assume that it won't be http://datatracker[1-9].ietf.org/drafts/ or that the datatracker host won't be an internal resource in future. There was an discussion about draft-hammer-hostmeta which may be of interest to anyone who would like to read more about well-known locations.

As the change you suggested looks simple, please do consider not taking my comments into account.

Regards,
-sm

P.S. the "cool" quote was not directed at you or any other participant.