Re: request for feedback: change to the ID boilerplate

2009-10-28 12:47:11
Alfred nailed this one - it's exactly what was wrapping me around the poll.
The set of people who submit I-Ds doesn't map onto any other named set :-)

Thanks,

Spencer

Regarding the discussion on IETFers and non-IETFers, I would
like to add:
Since there's no concept of formal membership for the IETF,
anyone making use of the IETF's I-D publication process arguably
becomes a "participant" in the IETF.  I-D authors are donating
IPR on the submitted material to the IETF Trust, as documented
by the I-D author(s) in accepting the BCP 78 & 79 rules via the
mandatory inclusion of the above quoted sentence.
That makes any distinction between insiders and outsiders moot
in this context of Internet-Drafts.