Re: request for feedback: change to the ID boilerplate

2009-10-27 08:53:39
Hi,

On 2009-10-27, at 14:33, Scott Brim wrote:
While we're at it, these two sentences are contradictory.
"Internet-Drafts are a specific thing" but "some Internet-Drafts may be
something else".  Since you have (reasonably) eliminated reference to
areas and working groups, how about modifying this to say

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) distributes its working
documents as Internet-Drafts.  Note that other groups may also
distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts.

I asked for feedback on the wgchairs list before posting here, and the discussion there also lead to some additional changes. John Klensin cautioned that more substantial changes are more difficult to fully vet.

I hence opted for changing the minimum number of words compared to the current boilerplate. The only reason I removed the "areas & working groups" bit was that I believe it's fully redundant and otherwise we'd need an extra line.

As Scott Lawrence points out this isn't completely true.  How about:

Current Internet-Drafts are available at
http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/.

See my other email. I think http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/ current/ is best.

Lars