Re: [rfc-i] Important: do not publish "draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08" as is!

2009-11-25 03:33:14
Jim Schaad wrote:
Let's just get this published and go with what we have even if it does not
necessarily read real pretty.  The text of the strings can be updated at a
later point by a modification of the RFC Style Guide if there are enough
complaints about how the text looks.  Given that it is boilerplate, I
personally don't care that it does not flow.

Jim

1) The text in the current draft is inconsistent. Please fix it. This is purely editorial.

2) Changing the boilerplate again adds another code path to all tools that need to produce it, requires additional test cases and so on (keep in mind that the tools we are written so that they can produce the correct boilerplate for historic documents as well). BTW I think we need a volunteer for xml2rfc.tcl to implement this anyway; it will not magically happen unless somebody digs into the TCL code and implements it.

Best regards, Julian