Re: [rfc-i] Important: do not publish "draft-iab-streams-headers-boilerplates-08" as is!

2009-11-26 17:11:35

Bob Braden wrote:
Jim Schaad wrote:
Let's just get this published and go with what we have even if it does not necessarily read real pretty.

"Ready Fire Aim" has characterized the pattern of IPR work on this topic in recent years, and the results have been exactly as messy as one would predict.

This is a running system. Changes need to be made cautiously, with an eye towards safe and correct operations.

We -- the part of the IETF that has been imposing changes -- haven't been doing that very well.

We should fix that, before we blast out more problematic changes.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking