Re: Defining the existence of non-existent domains

2009-12-29 16:34:37
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:20 PM, John R. Levine <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Remove the leading dots, ICANN and IANA related names are reserved at
2nd and all levels.

In ICANN's sTLD and gTLDs, yes, in most countries' ccTLDs, no, in .ARPA, who
knows?

That's right, ccTLDs are a different dimension.

I've not checked or seen the agreements for the new IDN ccTLDs, can't
remember now any discussions related to reserved names in that
context, but the new IDN ccTLD operators will be now under a
contractual relationship with ICANN so the new agreement may have some
similarities with the new gTLD registry agreement. Again, just
guessing since I've not seen any docs about the IDN ccTLD agreements.
I'll look around.

Jorge