Re: WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec)

2010-01-20 18:03:40
Subject: RE: WG Review: Internet Wideband Audio Codec (codec) Date: Wed, Jan
20, 2010 at 10:09:18PM +0100 Quoting Ingemar Johansson S
(ingemar(_dot_)s(_dot_)johansson(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com):

So our interpretation of such proposed phased approach is that the WG
would be explicitely taking a decision to pursue the work if there are
no standardized codecs out there fullfilling the requirements.

My interpretation of the situation is that this milestone is in most
peoples rear-view mirror. The available codecs that could be
rubberstamped are all missing some of the desirable qualities, ie
internetability, licensing, sound quality, latency.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668