Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-11 20:22:14
Henrik Levkowetz <henrik at levkowetz dot com> wrote:

I really think that we should decide to move beyond the current pure-ASCII presentation format, whether it be a constrained HTML or PDF-A (which are the primary serious contenders as alternatives to pure ASCII as presentation format that I see).

These are two separate topics. You could have plain text encoded in UTF-8. You could have HTML or PDF-A that uses nothing but ASCII characters.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­