Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-12 14:46:18
On 12.03.2010 21:41, Masataka Ohta wrote:
Doug Ewell wrote:

A space character (which looks like an ordinary U+0020 space to me, in
both the plain-text message I received and in the Web archive) got
erroneously converted to a question mark in Tim's plain-text mail.

It is not a question mark character but a some strange non-ASCII
character, though it is displayed as a question mark in some
environment.

How does this demonstrate anything about PDF?

As it occurred with pure ASCII profile of non-ASCII-capable e-mail,
the same will occur with pure ASCII profile of non-ASCII-capable PDF.

What *is* a "pure ASCII profile of non-ASCII-capable PDF"? A PDF viewer that doesn't understand, for example, code point 160?

Best regards, Julian