Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-13 18:40:03
Masataka Ohta <mohta at necom830 dot hpcl dot titech dot ac dot jp> wrote:

[3] Here is an example of PDF-A that uses nothing but ASCII characters:
http://www.ewellic.org/ascii-only.pdf

I'm afraid the PDF file contains non-ASCII character of circled R in metadata for pdf:Creator.

Thank you for a convincing demonstration to deny yourself.

Metadata? Is that what we're talking about? Not the contents of the text?

A different PDF creation program other than Word might not insert the registered-trademark symbol anyway. Or it could be edited out, if this is truly a deal-breaker. But I thought the contents were what was important. PDF is a binary format and there are lots of other bytes in this file with the high bit set, if we want to bring that up too.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­