Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-15 10:29:05
Funny, I don't think anyone was suggesting PDF/A. The format most people
have been suggesting is HTML. Donald brought up PDF/A as a strawman at the
start of this discussion.

And the fact is that even though many, many people submit HTML versions of
their drafts it is not possible to retrieve them from the IETF site.

And that is a really bad, really insulting waste of my time and the main
reason I don't feel very inclined to work on RFCs.

If you don't care about the format of the RFC then let those of us who care
a very great deal to change it. Or admit that what you really want is the
fact that forcing everyone to use the teletype format and rubbing their
noses in it is what makes you feel big and important and that the plain fact
is that you really don't care what other people might think about this
organization, all that really matters to you is that you are seen to get
your way.

The teletype format really does hurt my eyes to look at.

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Jari Arkko