Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-14 13:49:26

On 3/14/2010 11:35 AM, Jari Arkko wrote:
 I do agree with you that it would be nice if you
could submit HTML. If its true that its currently prohibited to look at
it or subimt it, then that is something that could be fixed.

That's certainly a reasonable view, but it raises the concern about supporting multiple revisable submission forms. For each form supported, there should be very high benefit, since there is real, incremental cost for each one.

Given xml2rfc and given that modern browsers can render xml source (given the correct supporting file), I guess I do not see the substantial benefit of supporting html as a submission format.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking