Re: Towards consensus on document format

2010-03-16 16:24:19
On 13 mrt 2010, at 21:54, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

So in the hope of finding consensus here, lets see what people's
position actually is

A) The format issue does not matter
B) The format issue matters a little to me and I prefer the teleprinter format C) The format issue matters a lot to me and it MUST be teleprinter format D) The format issue matters a little to me and I prefer the HTML format
E) The format issue matters a lot to me and it MUST be HTML format

Haven't read the discussion until now (will do that tomorrow) but let me add F and cast the first vote in favor of it:

F) HTML that reverts back to usable ASCII (although I'm willing to live without headers/footers and the whitespace may look a bit different as long as it's self-consistent) when everything between < and > is removed from the file and a very limited set of &*; sequences has been searched and replaced.

No images because those can't be viewed without non-trivial tools and they are extremely hard to modify from the published version.

I am in class E. I find being required to edit documents in
teleprinter format to be very insulting to me personally. I take a
great pride in my work and I do not like being forced to present it in
a format where the principle justification for it appears to be
'because we can force you to do it our way'.

replace "document format" with "xml2rfc xml format" and I'm with you 100%.