Re: What day is 2010-01-02

2010-03-17 08:15:14
On 14 mrt 2010, at 1:09, Phillips, Addison wrote:

There is also a difference between "regularized" usage and formats derived by
well-meaning people based on their own experience (i.e. a European might very
well think first of ydm, being used to seeing the day preceding the month).

No way.

Year-month-day makes sense because it matches the way we parse numbers.
Day-month-year makes sense because that's the usual way to write it down. All
other ways to do it, including using only two digits for the year, are
confusing, ambiguous or both. For instance, even if I know that 4/7 is supposed
to be the seventh of april it confuses me, and often you don't know so it's
also ambiguous.

I know that some people feel it's important to make the IETF website easier to
grok for outsiders. But if someone can't figure yout 2010-01-02 then maybe
they're not our audience.