Re: Above market hotel room rates

2010-03-24 11:40:09

On Mar 24, 2010, at 12:18 PM, Samuel Weiler wrote:

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Dave CROCKER wrote:

As of right now, the "Best Available Rate" at the Anaheim Hilton

"As of now" is a sampling methodology error.

If you want to explore disparities, you need to do it with equivalent conditions.

I see your point, but I disagree. A bed to sleep in tonight is a bed to sleep in tonight, no matter whether I booked it today or a year ago.

You did not make your reservation "as of now". You made it some time ago. Conditions change and hotels vary their room rates accordingly.

Likewise, I can change my plans according to how they change their rates (cancel my reservation, or even check out and then check in under a different rate). More simply, I can just walk up to the hotel desk and ask them to give me the same rate they're giving walk- up guests.

As explained in the last message, I understand that the calculus is different for the secretariat, which must book the hotel months out. We individually have the chance to book rooms much, much later. Tough spot for the secretariat. :-)

Please, please do not blame the Secretariat.

The IAOC makes all decisions about hotel contracts. If there
is any blame, it is ours, not theirs.

Regards
Marshall

-- Sam