Re: Above market hotel room rates

2010-03-24 13:09:25

On 3/24/2010 9:18 AM, Samuel Weiler wrote:
I see your point, but I disagree. A bed to sleep in tonight is a bed to
sleep in tonight, no matter whether I booked it today or a year ago.

Then your concern is not with the hotel or with any agency of the IETF.

Your concern is with the way a market economy operates.

Variable rates over time are a common manifestation of a market economy and there is nothing even slightly specific to the IETF about this.

I've no idea where one should pursue this concern, other than being quite sure that this list ain't it.

As explained in the last message, I understand that the calculus is
different for the secretariat, which must book the hotel months out. We
individually have the chance to book rooms much, much later. Tough spot
for the secretariat. :-)

No. Tough spot for someone who refrains from doing adequate research at the time they make their reservation.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking