Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

2010-03-29 22:30:10
Martin,

Thanks for your great review!

On 10-03-26 4:17 PM, "Martin Rex" <mrex(_at_)sap(_dot_)com> wrote:

I downloaded the WG document ASCII I-D (14-pages) from
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf...
loaded it into NRoffEdit, selected "Edit->Convert Text to NRoff",
spent about 30 minutes fixing the Table Of Contents, I-D header
and some minor formatting defects from the conversion along with
several existing spelling errors reported by NRoffEdit and formatting
issues like new sections starting very close to the bottom of pages.
... the original author is likely an xml2rfc user without a
spell checker in his tool-chain.

Just a short comment on this to clarify.

You don't need to fix the table of content in NroffEdit. You just delete the
present one, then select Edit -> Paste managed 'Table of Contents', and
NroffEdit will generate a new one for you that is automatically updated as
you edit the draft.

/Stefan