Re: Advance travel info for IETF-78 Maastricht

2010-03-30 09:58:58
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

The chipkaart costs 7,50 euros but the train trip between Schiphol and
Maastricht is 5,85 euros cheaper with the chipkaart than with a paper ticket so
you still come out ahead. You can get one from the ticket machines I believe
but it probably makes more sense to buy one at the ticket counter and ask them
to charge the card with the right amount of credit so you don't run out too
soon or get stuck with too much left.

Using the counter will cost you 1,50 extra right? So not sure about coming out
ahead. You will also forget
to "check out" causing your card to be drained immediately. Been there, done
that, have the empty cards...

I'll compile detailed instructions in july.

Today there was an article about faking the cards on dutch news, but the
article vanished. Could be
a prelude to April 1st.

Paul