Re: Advance travel info for IETF-78 Maastricht

2010-03-30 12:35:29

Spencer,

This practice was started because the main IETF list got flooded with
messages like "where is the nearest Apple store?" once we were onsite
and this annoyed the folks who weren't actually at the meeting. Having
it (opt-in) on a per-meeting basis makes sense to me, if we create the
list in advance of the meeting (pre-registration), I guess we'd have
to figure out some subscription mechanims (like "you will be
auto-subscribed once you post your first message to ietf-xx" or
something like that.) I can see a lot of value in having a list
created well in advance to answer questions such as visa and
transportation.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj