Re: Advance travel info for IETF-78 Maastricht

2010-05-06 16:08:47

Jari Arkko wrote:
Phillip,

This is the main change from the US. In the US it is entirely
practical to carry only plastic and no cash at all.

This is mostly right, but maybe not universally true. Imagine my
surprise when I walked to a cab at LAX and asked to be taken to the
Anaheim hotel. First, I had apparently not read enough 77attendees list
to realize that its a LONG way from the airport. Second, the cab refused
to take credit cards.

You should have asked when you got in; many cabs in the US (in most
cities I've traveled to, and all the ones I've used at LAX where I
reside) do take credit cards.

If you find one that doesn't, get out and get another cab (and, at the
airport, inform the cab attendant).

FYI.

Joe