Re: IETF privacy policy - update

2010-07-06 08:38:51
+1 on the IETF having a privacy policy.

I am undecided on the best mechanisms to develop, document, and maintain that policy.

Karen

On 7/5/10 12:05 PM, Alissa Cooper wrote:
A few months ago I drew up a strawman proposal for a public-facing IETF privacy policy (http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-cooper-privacy-policy-00.txt). I've submitted an update based on feedback received: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-cooper-privacy-policy-01.txt

In discussing the policy with the IAOC and others, it seems clear that the RFC model is probably not the best model for maintaining and updating a document like this. It is more likely to fall within the scope of the IAOC and/or the Trust. In order for the IAOC to consider taking this on and devoting resources to figuring out what its format should be, they need to hear from the community that a public-facing privacy policy is something that the community wants. So I have two requests for those with any interest in this:

1) Respond on this list if you support the idea of the IETF having a privacy policy (a simple "+1" will do).

2) If you have comments and suggestions about the policy itself, send them to this list.

Thanks,
Alissa