RE: IETF privacy policy - update

2010-07-20 04:17:08
                                                             I think

is very likely (if not certain) that right now the IETF is operating

in violation of the European Union's Data Protection Directive,

nope, never while they're in the U.S.  National data protection laws
do
not apply for someone operating entirely in a different country.

I have no idea about to what extent the EU directive applies. But I
would
have thought it would be tricky to argue that the IETF is operating
entirely in the US when it's about to meet and collect data in
Maastricht.