RE: The anonymity question

2010-07-24 23:49:15
Fred Baker wrote:
I would presume that every IETF working group or BOF
list has at least one person on it who is lurking in
the discussion for the purpose of filing a frivolous
lawsuit later. Not sure how we can prevent that.

We can't. As long as there is money to make in frivolous lawsuits (I see
no end in it) it will happen. Actually, this is not even the biggest
issue; as long as someone is good at selling a miracle get-rich-quick
scheme, it will happen.

Think about it: what's the difference between spam to sell "male
enhancements" products, spam to sell how to make money on foreclosures,
and spam to sell how to make money on frivolous lawsuits?

This is just like fighting spam: the big issue is not if spam actually
works or not; the big issue is if people actually believe that hiring
the services of spam professionals increases their business or not.

Do you need help filling your oil spill claim against BP?
:-D This one really works good lately. I bet you soon enough there is
going to be a "kit" to help you grow your small business by preparing
the forms to fill claims.

Michel.

Author of the unwritten book:
"How to get rich and famous by trolling IETF mailing lists".
A future best-seller, guaranteed.
$50   Pre-pays for a first-run printed copy.
$400  You get to read the draft before it's published.
$5000 I don't publish it you get the only copy.

:P