Re: The anonymity question

2010-07-25 10:35:09
On 7/25/10 6:21 AM, Fred Baker wrote:

On Jul 25, 2010, at 6:07 AM, John R. Levine wrote:

The ability of users to sign up from throwaway accounts doesn't
seem to have been a big problem in practice, but it does make it
hard to claim that the lists are free of submarine patent trolls.

A person's identity and their behavior are two different things. I
would presume that every IETF working group or BOF list has at least
one person on it who is lurking in the discussion for the purpose of
filing a frivolous lawsuit later. Not sure how we can prevent that.

lurking does not in our definition amount to a contribution.

http://www.ipinc.net/IPv4.GIF