Re: The anonymity question

2010-07-28 01:36:12
Indeed.

In one group their was a little troll who filed a patent on the entire
standard. They then extorted stock which probably fetched a seven
figure sum when a company using the specification launched their IPO.

Given the sorry fact that the bar to granting a patent in the US is
very low, the bigger problem in my view is that it is difficult to get
any 'clever' idea into a spec since even if the proposer is acting in
good faith there is resistance to anything that might be too good an
idea.