Re: Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid, Prioritized Traffic?

2010-09-13 15:04:00
    > From: todd glassey <tglassey(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net>

    > Why not simply ask Len Klienrock the answer to this question.

Umm, OK idea, wrong person: Len wasn't around the early Internet development.

I actually vaguely recall discussions about the TOS field (including how many
bits to give to each sub-field), but I can't recall very much of the content
of the discussions. If anyone cares, some of the IENs which document the early
meetings might say more.

Frankly, I doubt we understood the issues that well back then. Remember, this
was the same time period when we put in the 'Source Quench' ICMP message...

        Noel