Re: All these discussions about meeting venues

2010-09-22 11:32:42
At 12:57 PM +1000 9/13/10, George Michaelson wrote:

My impression of what some people seem to want, is that their personal constraint-set be applied globally.

My impression is that there are a number of people who choose, against all evidence, to believe this, despite repeated statements of what people want.

I might add that if the excluded party feels this is oppressive, I am sorry. It is not intended to be. But, at some level, sooner or later, you have to be willing to say "I'm the problem here, not the remaining 999 people who have lesser constraints"

So, if some venues work quite well, and some pose great difficulties for a minority, we should ignore this (presumably because of the charm of the difficult ones).

--
Randall Gellens