RE: US DoD and IPv6

2010-10-06 09:50:25
    > From: "Michel Py"
<michel(_at_)arneill-py(_dot_)sacramento(_dot_)ca(_dot_)us>

    > you are one of the main persons behind the failure of IPv6.

I think that's unfair. To my mind (when I sat and did a long post-mortem
after the IETF adopted IPv6 almost two decades ago, trying to understand why
I hadn't been able to convince people to do something different), in some
sense the real guilty party in the IPv6 choice is the IETF at large, the
ordinary members - for accepting what was basically 'IPv4 with a few more
bits', instead of a fundamentally revised architecture that would provided
real benefits in the form of major new capabilities (e.g. separation of
location and identity), thereby giving actual operational incentives to drive
migration.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us."

        Noel