Re: what is the problem bis

2010-10-26 15:02:44

On Oct 26, 2010, at 2:39 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
I'm a fan of reducing down to 2 levels, too.  But it has nothing to do with
how
overblown the effort to get to Proposed is.  (Well, there's some pretty
simple
psych logic that says that it could actually make the barrier to Proposed
HIGHER!  After all, fewer steps means that each step is more valuable.)

I'm not sure it's technically possible for it to take longer to produce a PS in
the IETF.  You'd have to invent some sort of time distortion device, or send
the docs on trains to Maastricht. ;)

But I agree with you (and Scott et al) on the general point that reducing 3 to
2 doesn't solve a problem anyone has.  For example, I don't think being at only
PS has prevented anyone from deploying HTTP or the myriad of other protocols at
PS level.  At this point, going above PS is for masochists.

-hadriel