RE: BCP request: WiFi at High-Tech Meetings

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Chris Elliott [chelliot(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com]

I strongly agree here. Encourage .11a (5ghz) usage, disable .11n for the .11b/g
2.4ghz spectrum. We also have the luxury of a large number of repeat attendees,
and many of you have learned the benefits of using .11a and will go out of your
way to use it. We facilitate that through advertising .11a-only SSID's.

Whereas the NYT article seems to be describing large rooms full of journalists
and other technology illiterates, many of whom are trying to send or receive
streaming video, sometimes the video of the presenter they are sitting in front
of!

Dale