Re: BCP request: WiFi at High-Tech Meetings

2011-01-04 10:10:54

On Jan 4, 2011, at 5:55 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

It could be the 11a support.

Or it might well be the vendor that supplies the 11a equipment.

At home I have a box with 7 defunct WiFi routers that I discarded after they
started to fail. Specifically the wireless side of the router would stop
functioning or require rebooting every 24 hours or so to keep functioning.

Then three years ago I mentioned the problem on this list and bought an
AirPort Extreme on the advice of several people.

It has now been running for three years without issue.

I do notice that a significant proportion of laptops used at IETFs are
produced by one specific vendor. And lets face it, we are the type of
audience that is quite willing to pay two to three times the minimum for a
laptop.

Wouldn't the same be true for media events staged by that same specific vendor?
 That was the event the NYT article described.