Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-06

2011-05-06 16:34:54
On Fri May  6 22:12:35 2011, Barry Leiba wrote:
> This suggests that perhaps we should rename "Proposed Standard" to
> "Not a Standard But Might Be One Later," promote the PS published
> under the overstrict rules to DS, and we're done.
>
> I'm not sure whether I'm serious or not.

Whether you are or not.., the only way to do this is to stop calling
them "RFC"s.  Maybe we should have a "PROP" series for PS docs, and
only give them "RFC" numbers later, when they progress.

This is not far off Scott Bradner's 2004 suggestion of "Stable Snapshots" of I-Ds.

It's also like the (much more versatile) labelling proposal Keith Moore made here.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net