Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-06

2011-05-06 16:50:29

On 5/6/2011 2:29 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
Whether you are or not.., the only way to do this is to stop calling
them "RFC"s. Maybe we should have a "PROP" series for PS docs, and
only give them "RFC" numbers later, when they progress.

Well, you know, the "Not a Standard But Might Be One Later" really are
requesting comments.

seems like that is rather cumbersome phrasing for a label. perhaps we can come up with a term that is shorter but implies a similar status with regard to now and later.

hmmm.  what about the word 'proposed'?

d/

--

  Dave Crocker