Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-06

2011-05-06 10:09:53

On 5/6/2011 1:31 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
On Thu May 5 18:31:33 2011, Dave CROCKER wrote:
1) This document radically lowers the quality of Proposed Standards.

What, specifically, are the parts of the proposal that you believe will lower
the quality of a Proposed Standard?

The parts unmentioned in the document, in effect.

It states:
The stated requirements for Proposed Standard are not changed; they
remain exactly as specified in RFC 2026 [1].
RFC 2026 essentially defines a PS document as being a first cut, likely to
change, and as such unsuitable for production deployment. In particular:

You appear to be saying that the new document lowers quality by continuing to use the same basic criteria and qualifiers for Proposed that we've used for many years.

Forgive me, but I do not understand how that logic works. How can the new process document lower quality by holding the established criteria for Proposed stable?

It appears that your actual concern is not about the new document, but rather the existing process specification (RFC 2026).

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking