Re: draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-06

2011-05-06 16:29:57
This suggests that perhaps we should rename "Proposed Standard" to
"Not a Standard But Might Be One Later," promote the PS published
under the overstrict rules to DS, and we're done.

I'm not sure whether I'm serious or not.

Whether you are or not.., the only way to do this is to stop calling
them "RFC"s.  Maybe we should have a "PROP" series for PS docs, and
only give them "RFC" numbers later, when they progress.

Well, you know, the "Not a Standard But Might Be One Later" really are requesting comments.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",