Re: one data point regarding native IPv6 support

2011-06-13 11:52:12

On Jun 13, 2011, at 12:24 40PM, Ofer Inbar wrote:

I've never been able to get first level tech support at my ISP to
understand "latency" or "packet loss".  They only understand "can you
load a web page?"  This does not mean their ISP doesn't provide packet
loss and latency, standard with their service :)

Oh yeah...  Many years ago, I was experiencing 5-15% packet loss and 5-90%
packet duplication.  Tier 1 told me to clear my browser cache, and besides
5% packet loss was normal.  I demurred; he told me he handled 20-25
performance calls/day and his advice fixed them.  I asked to speak to a
supervisor.  He and his supervisor apparently took offense; since my
connectivity was via a deal with my employer, they passed it up their
management chain to complain to my management that I didn't believe their
technicians.  Some VP on their side AltaVistaed me, though, at which
point my complaint got routed straight to engineering and the story got
passed on to my management...