Re: one data point regarding native IPv6 support

2011-06-14 13:37:36

On Jun 14, 2011, at 11:16 AM, Tony Hain wrote:

Keith is correct, and the further issue is that the *-only-* reason the
'poorly managed' relays are in the path is that the content providers are
refusing to deploy the matching 6to4 router that would take a direct
connection from the customer.

6to4 direct between the content and consumer is still an 'unmanaged' tunnel
which takes exactly the same path as IPv4 would, so the 'badness' is not due
to managed vs. not.

And the breakage still exists even if you do that.

In the grand scheme of things, the last thing the
content providers want is for the network to wrest control over streams into
a walled-garden model. Unfortunately they are not thinking this through,
they are just whining because the deployment of a second prefix on their
content servers does not conform to their IPv4-think dream world.

Really? More ip addresses on load balancers has never been a problem.

Tony