Re: one data point regarding native IPv6 support

2011-06-13 23:09:47

On Jun 13, 2011, at 12:06 PM, t.petch wrote:

To quote from the draft (anyone read it?:-)

"   6rd [RFC5969] utilizes the same encapsulation and base mechanism as
  6to4, and could be viewed as a superset of 6to4 (6to4 could be
  achieved by setting the 6rd prefix to 2002::/16).  However, the
  deployment model is such that 6rd can avoid the problems described
  here.  In this sense, 6rd can be viewed as superseding 6to4 as
  described in section 4.2.4 of [RFC2026]"

yes, but that part of the draft is false.  6to4 and 6rd have different use
cases.  It's not as if I can install 6rd on my laptop and be able to talk to
IPv6 hosts.

6rd good; 6to4 {as described in section 4.2.4 of [RFC2026]} bad.

6to4 awesome.  it's those BGP advertisements for broken relay routers, and
those ISPs that filter protocol 41 that are bad.

Keith